The Somerset Patriots are looking for some great people for the following positions
If you would like to work for the Somerset Patriots this season as an usher, ticket taker, customer service representative, Fun Zone staffer, or other game day roles, Click Here For An Application!
DIRECTOR OF GROUP SALES
The Somerset Patriots of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball are seeking a Director of Group Sales to generate revenue through selling group tickets, season tickets, and sponsorships. The Director of Group Sales will also run the day-to-day operations of the Somerset Patriots Group Sales Department.
Responsibilities for a sales position include:
- Running the day to day operations of the Somerset Patriots Group Sales Department
- On going solicitation of corporations and organizations through cold calling and face to face appointments for the purpose of creating new business
- Creating new business leads
- Work and perform assigned event night duties at all Patriots Home Games and other Ballpark events as assigned
- Work with Senior Management to develop new and creative ways to market Somerset Patriots Group Ticket Packages and provide support and leadership to the sales staff on how to execute those plans
- Help manage the sales team, track sales inventory and budgets, and take a lead in weekly sales meetings
- Be available to work Non-Patriots events at the ballpark as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of outside sales experience (preferably in the sports industry, and this does NOT include retail sales experience)
- Experience selling season ticket packages and group packages at any level of professional sports is a must
- Ability to solicit new business on an on going basis through cold calling and face to face appointments
- Ability to create professional sales proposals
- Ability to execute presentations on a sales call
- Knowledge of and experience with promotional sales, corporate sponsorship, advertising & special events is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and computer skills
- A flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience organizing and leading sales meetings with a staff
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a base salary plus commissions. 401 K Plan and Health Benefits are also available.
No Phone calls Please.
The Somerset Patriots are looking for a creative, energetic and talented performer to fill the role of a community mascot. The performer’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Representing the Patriots in the community at various off site functions.
- Picking up and returning mascot suit for each appearance
- Taking care of mascot suit while in possession
- Must have own method of transportation to and from community appearances
- Flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by Patriots management
Applicants should possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially with children
- Be self-motivated, creative and able to perform in front of large crowds
- Previous experience as a mascot or performer preferred but not required
- Very reliable
- Physically fit
Mascot Only Candidates: Contact Eric Fuzer at email@example.com.
Seasonal Positions For HomePlate Catering
HomePlate Catering and Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions are accompanied by a competitive wage.
Job Type: Culinary
Location: HomePlate Catering and Hospitality, the official food and beverage provider of TD Bank Ballpark, is seeking a Kitchen Supervisor for the TD Bank Ballpark.
Venue Description: TD Bank Ballpark, the “Jewel of the Atlantic League,” has been for 19 years, the premier family and community destination in Central New Jersey.
The 6,100-seat ballpark is owned by Somerset County and run by the Somerset Patriots, who have consistently drawn over 5,300 fans per game and 370,000 fans per season since 1999.
The Kitchen Supervisor position works hand-in-hand with the Sous Chef and Catering Manager positions. The Kitchen Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities concerning all back-of-the house operations and personnel, including food preparation, kitchen and storeroom areas.
The Kitchen Supervisor will contribute to HomePlate’s operational and financial success by following all HomePlate culinary standards for sanitation and preparation to ensure that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance, to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues.
- Assist the Sous Chef in the purchase and conduct inventory of food items, supplies and equipment.
- Assist Sous Chef with scheduling of kitchen staff.
- Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked timely and with accuracy and prepared with the absolute highest quality of taste and presentation.
- Supervise food preparation personnel to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Supervise and coordinate activities concerning food preparation, kitchen and storeroom areas.
- Sample, smell and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and standards of appearance and taste.
- Inform front-of-the-house personnel of menu changes, specials and shortages.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Oversee end of night kitchen cleanup and shut down.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of various work stations and ability to train others in that station.
- Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- ServSafe certification.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
**Please include salary requirements when applying. **
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with HomePlate. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
HomePlate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.