The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball has announced that the 2017 Atlantic League All-Star Game presented by RWJBarnabas Health and Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Of New Jersey will be hosted by the Somerset Patriots at TD Bank Ballpark.
Tickets are NOW ON SALE for the Mid-Summer Classic.
This year's theme will be a celebration of the area's Revolutionary War history to truly help all fans Get Patriotic!
Tickets are available for purchase online at www.somersetpatriots.com and in-person at the Somerset Patriots Ticket Office. Tickets are also available for purchase over the phone by calling (908) 252-0700.
The event will be a highlight of the league and the Somerset Patriots’ 20th Anniversary Season. The Somerset Patriots are one of the two original franchises, joining the Bridgeport Bluefish, from the league’s inaugural season in 1998.
This will be the third time the Somerset Patriots will host the Atlantic League All-Star Game at TD Bank Ballpark. The team held the event in 2000 and most recently in 2008. The 2008 Atlantic League All-Star Game welcomed 8,290 fans, which remains the league record for the event. Special guests at the 2008 All-Star Game included honorary team captains Jim Frey and the late Don Zimmer. Donald Trump served as the Honorary Chair for the event and threw out a ceremonial first pitch.
"It’s always an honor to host an All-Star Game, but to be chosen for the 20th Anniversary Celebration makes it that much more special," said Somerset Patriots President/General Manager Patrick McVerry. "The event allows the host to showcase their ballpark, organization, and community to the staffs and fans of the other seven teams in our league. We’ll get to welcome the very best players in the Atlantic League for a great event at our award-winning ballpark that our fans and everyone will remember for years to come."
All-Star Schedule of Events
- 4:00 Private Gate Opening for Season Ticket Holders / Watch Batting Practice
- 5:00 Gates Open to General Public
- 5:15 – 5:45 Autograph Session: Fans will be allowed on the field to get autographs from the Liberty and Freedom Division players
- 6:00 – 6:40 Home Run Derby: Watch the best in the Atlantic League battle for the Home Run Hitting Champion
- 6:50 All-Star Player Introductions: Watch all the All-Star players announced
- 7:10 Atlantic League All-Star Game begins: Enjoy the Game!
- Zooperstars! The World-Famous Entertainment Act
- BirdZerk! America’s Ballpark Prankster
- Fireworks! Enjoy a spectacular 15-minute post game extravaganza!
- On-field Promotions! Enjoy some fun on-field contests
- Mascots from around the Atlantic League
- Revolutionary Canon fire after the game
- Commemorative 20th Atlantic League All-Star Ticket (All Fans)
- Commemorative Game Program (1st 3,500 Fans)
- More Giveaways To Be Announced!
- Meet General George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and Alexander Hamilton and various revolutionary war soldiers
- See a replica canon from the Revolutionary War
- See a revolutionary war encampment
- Visit tables on the concourse that show various aspects from the Revolutionary War
- Sign the Declaration of the All-Star Game Document
- Hear Fife & Drum corps
- Enjoy period Dance and Dress
- Feast on a Turkey Leg and Ale
- 2nd NJ Regiment
- The Queens Rangers on horseback
- Mott’s Artillery with a cannon
- Heard’s Brigade
- Sons of the American Revolution with a cannon
- Mock Hearth Cooking
- Spinning and Weaving Demonstrations
- Fife and Drums of the Old Barracks
- Practitioners of Musick
*Please note the 2nd NJ, Mott’s Artillery and Queens Rangers, Heard’s Brigade will set up an encampment with tents and also do musket drills
Exhibits/games/activities by the following groups:
- Liberty Hall
- Heritage Trail Association
- Washington Crossing Historic Park
- Washington Crossing State Park
- Lamb’s Artillery
- East Jersey Old Town Village
- Princeton Battlefield Society
- Children of the American Revolution
- The Indian King Tavern
- The Snyder Academy
- The Jacobus Vanderveer House
About the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB)
The Atlantic League has been a leader in professional baseball and a gateway to Major League Baseball since 1998. Over 35 million fans have attended Atlantic League games and more than 800 players and 50 managers and coaches have joined MLB organizations directly from the ALPB. The Atlantic League emphasizes winning baseball games, showcasing the talent of top-caliber players and offering affordable family entertainment to metropolitan markets serving nearly 15% of the US population.
For more information, please visit www.atlanticleague.com